Disordered Eating: A Search for Wholeness Podcast with Lourdes Viado
I am so excited to share this podcast with you.
I was recently interviewed by Women In-Depth host, Lourdes Viado, about disordered eating.
You can subscribe to Women In-Depth: Conversations About the Inner Lives of Women on iTunes.
I hope you enjoy hearing about disordered eating from a soul-centred perspective.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- My private counselling and psychotherapy practice in Sydney
- How my passion stems from my personal recovery from bulimia
- Psychosynthesis: the approach I use to heal
- Eating disorders as a search for wholeness
- Our attempts to change the body, what’s it really about?
- Why we need to lose the language around healthy and clean eating
- What an eating disorder REALLY means
- Common symptoms of eating disorders
- The mistake of filling our needs with food or exercise
- Sub-personalities—find out what they need
- Dis-identifying from the PARTS/Identifying with the WHOLE self
- The heart of eating disorders and spiritual needs
- Recovery: the journey of the soul
- Spiritual bankruptcy that needs love, compassion, connection, and acceptance
- Brain changes that happen as the soul heals
- YOU ARE NOT BROKEN!
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
Emily Rosen, CEO of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating
The Recovery Warrior Podcast with Jessica Raymond
Women, Food & God by Geneen Roth
Eating Disorders: A Search for Wholeness Journal Article by Jodie Gale
If you feel like this content is valuable and you wish to share it with others, please hit one of the share buttons below. I appreciate any re-tweets or re-posts of this content.
Sydney Soul-Centred Psychotherapist + Eating Psychology Specialist, Jodie Gale, is a leading specialist in women’s emotional, psychological and spiritual health and well-being.
Over the last 15 years, Jodie has helped 100s of women to transform their lives. She has a private counselling, life-coaching and psychotherapy practice in Manly and Allambie Heights on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Jodie also works with clients world wide via Skype.
Jodie is passionate about putting the soul back into therapy!
Let your light shine and live the life you have always dreamed of! Contact me now to book your first appointment.